On a beautiful summer-like day my humans found the need to bathe me. Did I smell extra funky? No. Did I roll in something gross? No. Nope, my humans just decided to wake me from my slumber and put me through pure torture. While I am a water dog and love swimming in the sea, there is something about water coming out of a long hose that puts my tail straight between legs.
Please note, I know my parents did this out of the goodness of their hearts, but it doesn't mean I can't make them feel a bit guilty. My sad puppy-dog eyes are quiet good.
With five simple ingredients of oatmeal, water, lavender, honey and baking soda and in 20 steps you too can "torture" your furry four-legged child, like my humans did.
20 Steps to Bathe Your Dog
- Humans innocently mix-up shampoo concoction making dog think humans are cooking
- Take photo of dog resting peacefully in their sun spot
- Lure dog outside with excitement of a walk
- Attach lead to dog
- Humans grab a garden hose and turn on water
- Dog realise what is happening and plan escape
- Dog find hiding spot or what you think looks like one
- Humans rub weird feeling goopy stuff on dog
- Dog make a break for it
- Dog shake water and shampoo all over humans and anything else in sight
- Humans re-capture dog
- Dog realise humans rubbing goopy stuff all over them feels pretty good and smells of honey and lavender
- Humans grab hose again
- Dog try to escape
- Humans change tactics and pour warm water over dog
- Dog realise this feels nice
- Humans continue warm water rinse
- Dog make final escape and shake and shake and shake
- Humans towel try dog
- Humans give dog treats for being so tolerant
The end result: Me with beautiful soft silky fur that smells of lavender and a hint of honey.
Recipe credit: Simply Zaspy